Tuesday Tips — Composition 101, Rule of 1/3
This is an easy one to remember. Divide your canvas in third, both horizontal and vertical. And put your focal point where the line intersect.
Sometimes I don’t always have it right away at my initial sketch, then no worries, just move around your canvas a bit and adjust it.
This example is from KFP Legend of the Masters when I worked with Max Boas and Nate Wragg.
A selection of Character, Prop and Effect designs from the Steven Universe Episode: Mirror Gem
Art Direction: Elle Michalka
Lead Character Designer: Danny Hynes
Character Designer: Colin Howard
Prop Designer: Angie Wang
Color: Tiffany Ford
just so we don’t have another “Coraline was made by Tim Burton” deal on our hands
The Book of Life
- is directed by Jorge Gutierrez, creator of of El Tigre. he is the major figure behind the movie, having come up with the idea originally as well
- is produced by several people, one of whom is Guillermo del Toro, director of Pan’s Labyrinth, Pacific Rim, etc
- is written by Jorge Gutierrez, joined by Doug Langdale, creator of The Weekenders
- has several character designs by Sandra Equihua, Gutierrez’s wife and co-creator of El Tigre
7 Ways to be Great
1. Be gentle and kind
2. Show respect to everyone you meet (whether you think they deserve it or not)
3. Pay attention to the little things (often that makes you stand out from the crowd)
4. Do everything wholeheartedly, with passion and love
5. Be flexible, adaptable, and open to change
6. Don’t complicate your life with lots of oughts, musts and shoulds
7. Encourage other people to be all that they can be.
If depressed thoughts (symptoms of depression and anxiety) spoke to you online, how would you cope? Your answer could be the key to real-life recovery.
The spoopiest part of this skeleton bird decoration is the complete lack of knowledge in basic skeletal anatomy
somebody please draw this creature with skin on because i think it would be horrifying because those are basically long fingers